When to use concrete cleaner

I admit I'm lazy. My concrete patio is only a couple of years old. I've decided to apply concrete sealer to protect and extends its life. It doesn't have any grease stains, dirt or mildew. Do I still need to use a concrete cleaner before applying the sealer? Thank you

Reply to
utsuxs

Yes, and I'd recommend a power washing also. When applying any coating, spotlessly clean is barely clean enough. The first application of any coating is the most important and you only have one chance to do it right.

Reply to
Bonnett Decorating

It is best to follow the manufacturer's suggestion on cleaning. A power spray washer is the standard for cleaning concrete, although I have never "cleaned mine," just kept it swept. The fall leaves sometimes stain the concrete, but the sun eventually bleaches out the stains.

Reply to
Phisherman

Use a pressure washer as a minimum. But be sure to follow any additional preparation directions provided by the manufacturer of your sealer.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

=BDDo I still

I practice, the luckier I get". |

=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD = =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD Gary Player. |

=EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD Shpx gur PQN. =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD = =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD|

oil based thompsons water seal works wonders, but does darken the concrete a little.

it prevents water from absorbing into the concrete and espically if your area freezes greatly extends concretes life.

apply a nice heavy coat for best protection

Reply to
hallerb