Need help - My range trips the breaker if I touch the indictator light

Hi there,

I need some help to figure out why my range shorts out.

If I turn it on, but I just touch the indicator light (the little light the size of your finger nail) that tells you the element is on, the range breaker trips and then the main house breaker.

If I touch the on/off dial sometimes that trips the breaker too. This is the 3rd time in 2 weeks. The 1st time was when I was cleaning the dials with a damp cloth to remove some grease and that's when it started happening.

This only happens to the controls on the right side of the range (the side I cleaned). The left side doesn't seem to have the problem.

Anyone have ideas what is going on?

Thanks in advance. Andrew

Reply to
Rav4Baby

Thanks for the reply.

I think I figured it out. I took the top apart. One of the dial controls is all BLACK. Must be the bad one eh? It`s the control that the problem happened to first. I think the indicator light goes through that control too, so when I touch it the bad controler shorts out.

I`m going to try replacing it and see if it fixes it.

Thanks!

Reply to
Rav4Baby

I once called the Audi dealership with a similar complaint: If I so much as breathed on the shift lever, the engine died.

Finally the service manager said: "If you were a woman, I'd say you were hallucinating or had gotten the shift lever confused with the key. As it is, I have no idea. Better bring it in and we'll have a look at it."

I did. They fixed it. As I recall, it had something to do with the radiator cap or the tail rotor. I forget.

Reply to
HeyBub