wheel-hanger-stud-pilot-pins

What are these things for?

micky

Some cars have wheel bolts, not lug nuts. You put that into the bolt hole to hang the wheel on so you can start the bolts in place.

Wish I had them when I had my Karmann Ghia.

Reply to
Ed P

Makes sense. I've only had cars with studs and lug nuts. I can see how it would be hard to hold up the wheel in the right spot with one hand while trying to start a bolt with the other.

Though rather than buy a whole set that can fit every car, wouldn't it be much cheaper to if you could find a bolt that fits, cut off the head, and grind flat spots at the end in case you can just use your fingers.

Reply to
micky

The 2013 Jetta was my only car with bolts -

- it was no-big-deal with changing the snow tires spring & fall .. John T.

Reply to
hubops