Cleaning White Plastic Kitchen Trash Bin Lid

The lid of a white plastic kitchen trash bin keeps getting stained no matter how careful I am putting things in.

I’ve tried lots of cleaners but nothing really works. What’s your favorite stuff for getting stains out of plastic?

Here’s a shortened link to a picture of the lid:

or if you prefer, here’s the full link:

Wade Garrett

Once you get it clean, try waxing it with car wax. That may help future cleaning.

Last time we needed a new kitchen can I got stainless steel.

Ed P

Why do you want a lifelong chore cleaning your white (actually I see grey) garbage can lid?

Buy a black one for the kitchen. Move the existing one to your bedroom or living room.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Problem is stains can bleed into the plastic and buffing with a mild abrasive might be only way to remove them. Coating with wax afterwards sounds like a good idea.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Stainless steel trash can.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Thomas

Better than white or black, get one that is garbage color.

Reply to
micky

Then don't bother with cleaning the stain off. Just rinse it. Eventually the inside and outside will equalize with the colour of the garbage.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Now you're talking.

Reply to
micky

Thanks all. Looks pretty much like I'll live with the stains or buy another kind of trash bin :-)

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Have you consider that a brown or black one might have been better? White makes stains really easy to see.

Reply to
Sam E

Camouflage. All you see is garbage :-)

Reply to