What is this device?

Would you have a good relationship with a neighbour who has parties at 3am with his drunken wife cackling loud enough to go through your closed double glazing? Or a jacuzzi that runs 24/7 with a busted motor making it sound like a diesel engine?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Considering the number of balls that come over the fence, it won't be long before it's broken off then.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I can't see anything on the house. Maybe it just picks up the house's main wifi? And being larger or more powerful than the laptop aerial, it can do so.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Can't you just walk up the roof? In fact that's a good way of peeking into neighbours' gardens while pretending you're fixing tiles.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Excellent idea. Do you want credit for it in the police report?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

ROFL!

I don't get why anyone has them. There's a mains gas supply here. So much more controllable than lighting a bloody fire. It's not as if they're cheaper, unless they're burning scrap wood contianing paint and varnish, which I think he is judging by the smell. It's forbidden. Once the council catch him in the act (they've told me to call them next time it's lit), the device will be removed.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

As an aerial installer for 50 years I am considering a book.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Ever seen any nude sunbathers? Ever caused them to scream?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

No. That's why I move to a street where my nearest neighbor is

30 metres away.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Not possible in most of the overcrowded UK. Does that include your gardens? Technically our houses were (before we both extended) 20 metres away. Although as the jacuzzi and party came up to the fence, that would be 10 metres.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

My land is 2 acres or about 0.8 hectares. My neighbors have half that.

One of my neighbors is more than 30 metres away.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Sa are all but 2 of mine - one on one side and one behind.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

(and pre covid the closest neighbour beside me was more likely to be half a world away - a travelling professor off lecturing in China, Brazil, Sweden, Poland, Japan, Australia, or who-knows where else)

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I don't think whatever "jetwash fluid" is could be flammable as it's mixed with water. My jetwash connects to the mains water supply via a hoselock connector, and sprays just water at high pressure. There is no fluid. I suppose I could feed it with petrol, but if the stove is running, the flame would very quickly come back and blow up the jetwash sat next to me.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It's the same with everything, the person at faults pays up. If my tree fell down and went through my neighbour's window, she shouldn't expect her insurance to pay, and raise her premium. The money should come from me or my insurance.

I don't have enough to bother with that.

Bullshit, you cannot control a cat, by their very nature they roam freely. What you said only legally applies to dogs.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Not necessarily with acts of nature with big storms unless you have been negligent.

Legally that is just plain wrong.

Reply to
Jake56

Since god or nature cannot possibly pay up, then yeah, obviously. But if it's due to a person doing something wrong, then of course they should pay.

No it isn't. I'm at fault for having a tree that is too tall for being that close to her house.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Nope. My cat could go mental and scratch you. I didn't know this was going to happen so am not at fault. If it does things like that repeatedly, then perhaps I could be required to stop it happening again. If it was a dog, I should have had it on a lead. But cats don't live on leads, they go where they please.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

But not if a strong wind brought down the tree, the person whose tree it is is not at fault normally.

Legally that is just plain wrong.

Reply to
Jake56

As I said below, I could have kept it trimmed. Very easy to tell if it's high enough to hit a property.

Cut and paste. You that Aussie nut?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey