Can you identify this tree

Hi folks,

I realise this isn't a botanical group but I also know from years of visiting here, there must be somebody (possibly many) who will be able to help.

We have a friend who has a tree in their garden - seems to be a broad leaf tree and it is currently (December - North Scotland) fully green with loads of red berries. I've been googling but still don't know what tree it is.

I've placed a couple of photographs here

anybody could identify it we would be very grateful.

Neil

Reply to
neil

Am 05.12.2012 13:56, schrieb neil:

Just guessing: Cotoneaster frigidus?

Reply to
Matthias Czech

It does look like a cotoneaster. I have a number of different types in my garden (north coast of Scotland), planted by the previous owner.

Reply to
S Viemeister

the other possible is stranvaesia.

But that's a rare beast. Some form of cotoneaster.

I'd say Neil is spot on.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Try posting your query to see what the knowledgeable folk on uk.rec.gardening have to say.

Reply to
Terry Fields

If it ain't it's a bloody good copy.

Andy