What is the name of the valve on a 1 pound propane cylinder

It's missing LCC27 (which is a new standard as of September 2022).

"The LCC27 is a new gas cylinder connection, replacing the existing Type 21 (or POL) fitting on common 4-kilogram and 9-kilogram LPG gas cylinders for BBQs and leisure gas appliances. This new fitting has an impact on both the cylinder valve and gas hose fittings."

Reply to
Peter

coleman 1 lb tank with a tire valve core tool after carefully prying out the plastic bushing above it. Standard tire valve. The relief valve, on the other hand is NOT a standard Schrader valve

- it has a "reverse seat"

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Does the specification for the CGA 600 include that central valve?

Reply to
Ken Blake

Unable to get my hands on any spec papers, but yes, the valve is part of the spec, as is the design of the "pin" in the center of the female connector which opens the valve when the connection is almost tightened.. (and the plastic "bushing" above the valve and the soft o=ring between it and the valve which affects the seal between the "pin" and the bore of the cga600 fitting. The threads are NOT gas tight on a cga600. The gas seal is between the "pin" - which is actually the pipe from the tank to the device and serves as a restriction /orifice - and the bore of the cga600 fitting on the tank.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I believe you but it would be nice to see the spec papers say that.

I found this which references on page 7 of 8 where that CGA-600 spec may be (but that document references just about every valve except the CGA600).

A drawing might be in one of those documents listed on that reference page.

Reply to
Ken Blake

Do you think the drawing at bottom left is the sought after cross diagram?

Mickey D

The connector type I see most in searching is the CGA 510 for propane.

That CGA-510 looks suspiciously like the Type 1 Quick Closing Coupling (as the CGA-600 in the same page looks completely different in cutaway).

Reply to
Lord Vader

This PDF pretty much has every propane related adaptor you could ask for.

Here's the description of the CGA-510 POL cylinder valve to QCC Type 1 for example, which makes the assumption that CGA510 _is_ the POL type.

"The ME398P Quick Closing adapter is designed to convert a CGA 510 POL cylinder valve to be used with a Type I QCC appliance side swivel nut fitting. The male POL end of the adapter is installed in the CGA 510 valve. Once installed, the other end of the adapter affords the same positive connection features as the Type I QCC valve and retains the female POL threads for filling"

Reply to
Jerry Friedman

Didn't know you could get your sales tax back ever on anything! I thought they used a different nozzle size which wouldn't fit.

Same thing I think they do with nozzles on consumer propane tanks.

This shows the CGA-510 and CGA-600 that are used on our small tanks.

I'm not sure how to decipher the abbreviations though. The CGA510 says "0.885 inches by 14 LH INT." The CGA600 says "1.000 inches by 20 UNEF RH EXT. with Gasket"

The CGA 600 is a lot more complicated than the CGA 510 is. Maybe that's deciphered in all those abbreviations like UNEF?

Reply to
Beyond the pale

Surely that should read 0.875 inches. Translate as 7/8", 14 left handed interior threads per inch"

One inch, 20 right handed exterior united extra fine threads per inch".

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

It's actually road tax. There's a picture here of a tank. It's only a 500 gallon one. Most tanks I've seen over the years don't have the pumps to fuel tractors and such.

The fuel truck nozzles just fit inside of the storage tank openings. This one is at the far end.

Not as far as I've seen.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I could be wrong but I just looked again and it says ".885" there.

So's I checked with another PDF just to ensure it's not a typo.
That's even more complicated since it calles the thread this! CGA 510 .885-14NGO-LH-INT (Bullet Nipple)

What's the NGO part suposed to mean?

Ah. So it's a left-handed thread. And it's inside the valve. Thankx!

I'm surprised they went to three digits but what's a "united" thread?

This didn't go to three digits but it had a similar abbreviated title.

Connection 600 1" - 20 UNEF RH EXT with Gasket

Reply to
Beyond the pale

Reply to
Clare Snyder

1inch 20 tpi unified extra fine right hand external thread
Reply to
Clare Snyder

Every sliced drawing has _two_ components. Isn't one of them the valve and the other the fitting?

Reply to
Mickey D

I had to look up what "unified" means in terms of a thread.

"It is the main standard for bolts, nuts, and a wide variety of other threaded fasteners used in [the US & Canada}...The standard designation for a UTS thread is a number indicating the nominal (major) diameter of the thread, followed by the pitch measured in threads per inch. For diameters smaller than 1/4 inch, the diameter is indicated by an integer number defined in the standard; for all other diameters, the inch figure is given.

This number pair is optionally followed by the letters UNC, UNF or UNEF (Unified) if the diameter-pitch combination is from the coarse, fine, or extra fine series, and may also be followed by a tolerance class."

The next thing to figure out is what are the two parts in the diagrams.

tables say "CGA U.S. Standard Cylinder Valve Outlets and Connections."

On page 3 of that PDF, are the diagrams at left "Standard Cylinder Valve Outlets" & the diagram next to it to the right the "Connection" itself?

Why is the "Standard Cylinder Valve Outlets" for the CGA-600 triangular? Some others have a triangular "Cylinder Valve Outlet" but not most of them.

Why?

Reply to
Beyond the pale