What Is An "ECO" Switch ?

Came across the term "ECO" switch while reading up on furnace controls. Web search doesn't provid the answer, or one I coulds find.

Anyone know what ECO stands for, and what type of switch it presumably is ?

Thanks, B.

Reply to
Robert11

Energy Cutoff Device - Safety device no doubt..

Reply to
G Henslee

Economy mode? Maybe with it off the fan is on full time? I really don't know.

I'll bet you would have a better chance of getting a good answer if you tell us what make model and year furnace you are looking at and does it have an A/C included?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Hi Robert11, hope you are having a nice day

On 01-Jul-05 At About 08:54:42, Robert11 wrote to All Subject: What Is An "ECO" Switch ?

R> From: "Robert11"

R> Came across the term "ECO" switch while reading up on furnace R> controls. Web search doesn't provid the answer, or one I coulds find.

R> Anyone know what ECO stands for, and what type of switch it R> presumably is ?

it stands for Emergency Cut Off. it is a safety device. it can be a hood spillover or a high temp safety.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2

Hi Joseph, hope you are having a nice day

On 01-Jul-05 At About 17:24:39, Joseph Meehan wrote to All Subject: Re: What Is An "ECO" Switch ?

JM> From: "Joseph Meehan"

JM> Economy mode? Maybe with it off the fan is on full time? I really JM> don't know.

here you go again Mr. Meehan Please stop trying to answer what you don't know.

JM> I'll bet you would have a better chance of getting a good answer if JM> you tell us what make model and year furnace you are looking at and JM> does it have an A/C included?

Or maybe if you actually knew what he was talking about.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2

Joseph Meehan

Hi Joseph, hope you are having a nice day

On 01-Jul-05 At About 20:06:26, Joseph Meehan wrote to All Subject: Re: What Is An "ECO" Switch ?

JM> From: "Joseph Meehan"

JM> HvacTech2 wrote: >> Hi Joseph, hope you are having a nice day

You are quite welcome. If you would stop trying to answer these questions I would be a lot more polite But you insist on giving out the wrong answers again and again

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2

If you don't know, then why even add a post?

Reply to
Hound Dog