Wich BS does a main switch for semi-enclosed fuses to BS 3036 comply to?

I am currently training to become a inspector for electrical installations. While studying the Installation certificate I came across the section 'Main Switch or Circuit Breaker', where it asks for the type of main switch. Now, modern type circuit breakers don't seem to be a problem since the desired data is written on the main switch (usually BS-EN 60947-3). My problem, what needs to be filled into the box if the installation has old type BS 3036 rewirable fuses. It does neither say on the board nor the main switch and nobody I know seems to be able to tell me. Do any of you inspectors out there know? Also, where can I find the current rating? Thanks brothers (and sisters).

Reply to
short_and_ugly

I am currently training to become a inspector for electrical installations. While studying the Installation certificate I came across the section 'Main Switch or Circuit Breaker', where it asks for the type of main switch. Now, modern type circuit breakers don't seem to be a problem since the desired data is written on the main switch (usually BS-EN 60947-3). My problem, what needs to be filled into the box if the installation has old type BS 3036 rewirable fuses. It does neither say on the board nor the main switch and nobody I know seems to be able to tell me. Does any of you inspectors out there know?

Reply to
short_and_ugly

[...]

Blimy how much training are you having - that's 4 posts so far are you doing the training in quadrature?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I am currently training to become a inspector for electrical installations. While studying the Installation certificate I came across the section 'Main Switch or Circuit Breaker', where it asks for the type of main switch. Now, modern type circuit breakers don't seem to be a problem since the desired data is written on the main switch (usually BS-EN 60947-3). My problem, what needs to be filled into the box if the installation has old type BS 3036 rewirable fuses. It does neither say on the board nor the main switch and nobody I know seems to be able to tell me. Does any of you inspectors out there know? Oh yes, where can I find the current rating, by the way? Thanks, brothers (and sisters).

Reply to
short_and_ugly

No, he's practising filling in the forms in *quintuplicate* (so far!)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Can't your training provider answer the question? Older consumer units were made to BS 5486 Part 13 and I expect that would cover the main switch, which of course is an integral part of the unit.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Posted via Google. 'Nuff said.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Its google groups. They don't propagate posts immediately,. so users always try a few times and then give up.

An hour later up pops the 4 posts...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher