What Has Government Done to Our Bathrooms?

What Has Government Done to Our Bathrooms?
https://www.aier.org/blog/what-has-government-done-our-bathrooms

I'm a real scofflaw. We still use the good old full-flow toilets in our house, and I've removed the flow restrictors from newer shower heads.
On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 16:19:09 -0500, "BurfordTJustice"

I never want to see anyone with a green lawn in the winter saying a word to me about my drilled out shower heads.
On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 15:02:38 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster

The real problem these days is faucets. Since they know they have to restrict the flow anyway they use tiny internal piping so there is nothing to drill. We have some Delta bathroom faucets with that problem. The leader going up to the spout is 1/8" OD. I bought a Price Pisser kitchen faucet that really sucked and after a while with tech support they sent me an "experimental" cartridge that I suspect is just the Canadian one. It made the flow a lot better.

Sort of like a prostate ream aye?
--
Tekkie

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 5:17:46 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Our lawn is fairly green when the snow melts off of it. We're expecting a January thaw this weekend; I'll get to see the grass by Monday.
Cindy Hamilton
On 1/18/2018 4:16 PM, Roger Blake wrote:

  Ah'm tellin ' , ah'm tellin' !! Well , OK , I'm not . Our main waste elimination device is an older long oval unit . I do have a half gallon bottle in the tank ... we're looking for an antique unit with a wall-mount tank for our master bath , we already have a 1911 claw-foot tub and an antique washstand converted to use a top mount bowl and faucet . I even managed to keep most of the top drawer as a functional unit . I should post some pics on photobucket , but I'm lazy .
--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Nothing wrong with that.
--
Tekkie

On 1/18/2018 5:16 PM, Roger Blake wrote:

The first ones on the market were terrible and often needed2 or 3 flushes. but. . . We remodeled a few years ago and the 1.6 gpf do a fine job. If the old ones still worked I'd not swap them out, but don't be afraid of the new ones. Get the comfort height too. We also put in three of them at work about 10 years ago, ever a miss.
On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 8:18:36 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

You're right about that. We had maybe a 3.5-gpf toilet when we moved in here. You could barely get it to handle pee. We replaced it with a new 1.6 gpf, and I think that sucker could handle a bucket of golf balls. Trapway design has come a long, long way.
Cindy Hamilton
On 01/20/2018 05:38 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

You waste water flushing water? Some people have blue water in their toilet bowls; I prefer yellow.
On 1/20/2018 3:29 PM, rbowman wrote:

If it's yellow , let it mellow . If it's brown , flush it down .
--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

My dog would never tolerate either of those. If the water is not fresh, he flushes before he drinks.
On Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 4:29:14 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:

It's not wasted. If anything is wasted, it's the chemicals used to treat the water before we pass it down to Toledo.
Cindy Hamilton