wet phone

But...but...but what about a rotary dimmer switch? Doesn't it get brighter if I turn the knob? ;-)

Reply to
R. P. McMurphy

Does the same person repeatedly push the call button for an elevator that's 7 floors away?

I've seen people repeatedly push the traffic signal button at the cross walk.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

But do you continue to drive constantly with the defrost on and no AC? It might not fog up again with just the heavy air stream blowing on it. And as has been discussed, probably with most cars today it's not possible to drive with defrost and no AC.

The real situation here is that IDK anyone who would want to drive with the defrost constantly on. It tends to be louder, doesn't blow air where you want it, etc. Typically, if the windshield is just fogged up and not actually frozen, all you need is AC to clear it up quickly. You don't even need to put it into defrost mode. And then, if you take the AC off, I agree, in conditions where you need it, the windshield will quickly fog up again. Sometimes it's so gradual your vision is already substantially reduced before you even notice it.

Reply to
trader_4

All the cars I'm familiar with do exactly that. They keep the AC going to first cool the air, which removes humidity, then the reheat via the heater core as needed. That's why they give you the manual button to disable the AC if you choose. If it's not humid outside, you can do that and it will still be comfortable.

All cars have had compressor clutches, for 50 years, probably from day one. The compressor is only engaged when needed.

Reply to
trader_4

Agree. I don't have problems with the climate control on modern cars. Overall it works very well and there is a lot *less* re-adjusting. And what re-adjusting you do is precise, in small steps, eg change it from 74 to 72, instead of turning a blue/red dial and guessing.

Reply to
trader_4

Wet phone . . . or wet pussy--which would you prefer?

Reply to
Col. Edmund J. Burke

Yes, but a thermostat is not a variable output device like a dimmer.

Reply to
clare

Weren't they great? Most of the imports were POE installs. Once one did a couple it was speed city and flat rate was a winner!

I forget what year it was but Chrysler had a capacity problem on the T&C vans. The owner was friends with service advisor of the local dealership. He let us try to figure it out. IIRC it was the filter/dryer had to be up-sized by about half. Ahh, cool. I think Chrysler made a running change a little later because of it.

Reply to
Tekkie®

not all, cell phones are technically always on (like most things today, it' s a "soft" off).

water more than a half hour...then I noticed something in my baggy swim sh orts, you guessed it...flip-phone. Remove battery and SIM, dried it, shook it, blew it out with air and put it in rice...we'll see what happens.

I see you are all interested in my cell's function after a half-hour submer sion? Well may be not, but it still works...

Reply to
bob_villa