water well tank

I have put in a pre charged bladder tank that is suppose to be better but I seemingly can not the air out of the lines. What do I do?

-------------------------------------

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 306710 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
redsky45

I have installed a bladder type tank which is pre charged. I seemingly can not get the air out of the lines. What do I do?

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 306710 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
redsky45

If you replaced an "air over water" tank with a bladder tank you should ensure that whatever injected the air into the tank stops doing that!

With most air over water systems, each time the pump starts some air in injected into the tank. Another "control" bleeds off excess air.

In some air over water systems, there is a valve that's several feet down the well that lets a slug of air in when the pump stops. When the pump starts again, that slug of air goes into the tank.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
John Gilmer