Washing MAchine trips breaker

-------------------------------------

My washing machine fills with water then it humms for a few secounds then thetrips the breaker. What is causeing this?

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 342070 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Dwight

-------------------------------------

My washing machine fills with water then it humms for a few secounds then thetrips the breaker. What is causeing this?

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 342070 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Dwight

Hard to say exactly without seeing it, but my guess is the motor is not starting. Motors draw a lot of current on startup and unless they spin, the breaker will trip. While it is most likely the motor, check to see than nothing is jamming the drive system to prevent the motor from starting.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

check pump a sock in the puymp can do that. i speak from experience........

Reply to
bob haller

You would get more help if you gave brand and age. WW

Reply to
WW

check pump a sock in the puymp can do that. i speak from experience........

yea, what bob and ed said.

Reply to
Ulysses

my neighbor called the other day with a washer full of clothes that wouldnt empty or spin.

he brought the skloppyt mess here and spun them out.

later we found a underwire bra wire jammed in pump.

Reply to
bob haller

Can't tell from here. Hold it closer to the computer, so we can see.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

LMAO

Reply to