Want to save ebay ad for car I bought

I bought a car on ebay last Thursday, and his ad included ~60 pictures!, so I wanted to save them, and using Firefox, I clicked on Save Page as, which is supposed to save every little part of a webpage, and at least once I've tried that and it worked.

But this time I did it with the original listing and the one that shows up after I bought it and it only has the top screeen or two. Even though there were 57 pictures, the top left hand corner only had 12 pictures, but even those don't "work". The first one shows but I can't get anything to show the others. The page is dead compared to a usual ebay page where clicking on thigns makews things happen.

I copied all the text as a text file, but does anyone know I can download all the pictures, other than doing 57 screen shots?

This is not so I can later complain to the seller. I understand the meaning of ASIS. It's mostly because I'll never get around to taking pictures and he's already done a good job. (with the exception of the dash. There are only 2 or 3 pictures of that and it misses things I'm interested in, but nothing could be there except maybe poisonous snakes that would have stopped me from buying the car.

Reply to
micky

I use Fireshot (add-in) with Firefox that takes screen captures of entire webpages.

Reply to
Muggles

I just saved some e-bay listings of autos for sale, and the saved htm file includes all the photos.

Got a link to the page?

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

You can't hover over the picture and right click "save picture as"? And then save them to wherever you want to keep them on your pc?

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

The SingleFile with the required SingleFile Core extensions in the Chrome browser allows for saving complete web pages as a single hypertext file.

Reply to
.

I suppose someone more adept at all the various operating systems and software versions will have a better answer but I just right-click each image and select "save as". You might find a date useful for a group of images such as

1706A.jpg, 1706B.jpg etc.
Reply to
AMuzi

Interest point you make.

Reply to
Muggles

That works. But those pics are of diminished resolution compared to the originals and not what I'd want. He could ask the seller to email him the originals. Or just take some of his own.

Reply to
trader_4

I don't think she's using the Chrome browser but she may want to download it though. I have a Chromebook as a back up but I don't use the Chrome browser on it.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

BINGO!

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

Use the browser print option and print to PDF.

If you don't have a PDF print, download "cutePDF", install and select it instead of your actual printer. It's basically a PDF converter and can save ANY document or file as a PDF. Therefore, print the Ebay webpage as a PDF and it'll save the entire content as it is. Then you can actually print the file to your printer whenever you want to take the paperwork with you.

Reply to
Meanie

In the Firefox "Save As" dialog on the lower right you have choices: Web Page complete Web Page HTML only Text Files All Files

The Web Page complete option saves the web page HTML file with all the links in the web page adjusted to use a local folder with the same name as the HTML file. Like this:

Directory AAS_files

Reply to
Dan Espen

Forgot that it's 60 pics. I'd ask the seller if he can give them to Micky when he picks the car up. He could bring a USB flash or his phone with USB cable, SD card, whatever works. Or seller could burn a DVD or put them up at a hosting site.

Reply to
trader_4

Sure:

micky

I can save it and it works just fine.

If I save it as "web page complete". IO have a sub directory with all the photos.

If I save it as "web page HTML only", I get no sub directories, but all the photos show on the stored e-bay page.

Looks like a great car and a heck of a deal!

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Sounds perfect. I'm glad I asked. (Though I haven't tried it yet.)

BTW,I don't think I mentioned it on either of these ngs but when I had some satellite views in google maps and then save them with Save Page As, when I brought them up later they were entirely black, and others on the other group knew that this is what happens. (I haven't tried Save Page As with map only.) I have to get up at 6 tomorrow but maybe Fireshot will solve that problem too. (There are other ways around that one, since I really only needed one screen's worth. More about this later.)

After Search Add-ons didn't find it and then I googled Fireshot add-on there is some evidence that Fireshot is not supported anymore, and some evidence that that will affect you too Muggles, even though you already have it,. Maybe download all your webpages you think you want. before you install a new version of Firefox.

I'll try more tomorrow night if I'm not busy either admiring or repairing my car.

Reply to
micky

Well, if it quits working, I'll just remove the add-on and look for another one that does the same thing. It's pretty handy to use when I want to screen shot an entire web page from top to bottom.

Reply to
Muggles

Well, googling found it and I cliced on Add to Firefox and it dl'd and then I got the message it couldn't be installed because it's not compatible with ff54.

This might be related: I got to this page from a line in the Add-on page of FF, which said nothing about Fireshot but did show up after I searched for it and didn't find it and it said: "Missing something. some plugins are not longer supported by FF"

Beginning in Firefox version 52, support for NPAPI plugins in Firefox has ended, except for Adobe Flash. Some of the plugins that will no longer load include Java, Microsoft Silverlight and Adobe Acrobat. See this compatibility document for details.

Reply to
micky

Good point. But I did use Web Page Complete, .

But you still solved the problem for me, because I tried Web Page HTML only and I got all the pictures, and afaicr, I got all the text too!!

Yes I got all the text but I see the text is less sytlized. It has some bold and italics and some text in red, but all the letters are the same size -- Which is actually good some of the time because in the original some words from Ebay were overlaping other words.

And the picture in the upper left works too. The row at the bottom of it scrolls and I can click on any of them to see it.

Now I have to go back and try this with google satellite view!!! No, it didn't help. Now the page comes back all white, instead of almost all black. But one out of two is great!!

Thanks everyone.

Reply to
micky

/2004 Chrysler Sebring LXi | eBay_files/eBayISAPI_data contains the reasonable-size pictures. Saving as web page complete works like a charm, although for some reason firefox didn't like the name of the basic page.

Reply to
The Real Bev