Want to save ebay ad for car I bought

In rec.autos.tech, on Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:50:00 -0700, Taxed and Spent

Sure:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Chrysler-Sebring-LXi-/252994026706?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=gWQlOFf4Y0M%252B2gNcHbj%252Bz0%252Ba%252BrQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
On 6/26/2017 8:22 PM, micky wrote:

I can save it and it works just fine.
If I save it as "web page complete". IO have a sub directory with all the photos.
If I save it as "web page HTML only", I get no sub directories, but all the photos show on the stored e-bay page.
Looks like a great car and a heck of a deal!
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 26 Jun 2017 20:29:57 -0700, Taxed and Spent

I'll look in the filre manager when I get back.

Thanks. I hope so. Leaving in a half hour to see it in person for first time, and drive it home (if it runs! ;-)

This is very simple to do. If you have Firefox, install two add-ons, "Noscript" and "DownThemAll". No Script will disable javascript on the page and downthemall allows you to download all media files of a specific type in one action.
As a test, I just downloaded all 61 pictures of the car to my system. If you want to post an email address, I can send tem to you, as a zip, via a file transfer service, OR, if you have access to binary groups and know how to deal with binary files, I can upload the zip to a group such as alt.binaries.test.
Let me know if you want them and how you would like to get them.
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 27 Jun 2017 12:50:21 +0000, Stormin' Norman

As you may have read, not using Complete, using the second choice, got me the pictures, so thank you for the generous offer but I have them now.
I was away all day yesterday, getting the car, so I haven't looked at earlier subdirectories if there are any.
The car seems quite good. More in another post.

"not using Complete"?? "Using the second choice"?? I have no idea what either statement means, sorry.
If you no longer need the pictures I will delete them.
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:48:33 +0000, Stormin' Norman

I explain the terms I use in the next section, but first, I hate to say this: I tried twice using Complete before I posted my question, and it didnt' work either time, but now it seems to be working, exactly the same as without complete, that is the text is all the same height.

It was in another post, in responsse to someone, althought conceivably he had removed the ng you're reading and I didn't notice that and didn't put it back. I was taught that it is impolite to remove a newsgroup from the dist. list without saying so in the text, but when I pointed that out, a couple people insisted it was okay to do that. I still think it is rude, but I don't bring it up anymore.
In Firefox when you use Save Page As, there are 4 choices for Save as Type, from top to bottom in the drop-down list: Web Page Complete (*.htm,*.html); Web Page, HTML Only (*.htm,*.html); Text (*.txt,*.text), All files (*.*)
I'm sure text won't work most of the time, but I havent' tested All Files yet. Maybe that means the files are saved but not in a way that the webpage can be redisplayed?
And I've been using the first one, because it sounds more.... complete. Yet in this case HTML only saved the photos, but didn't save what makes the text more stylized, which I thought was in the html. Instead all the text came out the same size, though some was bold and a little was red (but iiuc those first level modifications preceded html and don't use html.)

Yeah, deleting them is fine. Thanks for the efforts.

If there was a followup header, I let GNUS do it's default action. Otherwise GNUS will reply to all groups.

There was some kind of Javascript hook into a font providing web site on that page. Not surprised the font rendering changed with the saved pages. Perhaps the design is such that it only works when invoked from the font hosting site.
Personally, I despise sites messing with the fonts I've chosen and I set my preferences accordingly.
--
Dan Espen

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 5:34:31 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:

You can't hover over the picture and right click "save picture as"? And then save them to wherever you want to keep them on your pc?
On 6/26/2017 5:34 PM, micky wrote:

I suppose someone more adept at all the various operating systems and software versions will have a better answer but I just right-click each image and select "save as". You might find a date useful for a group of images such as 1706A.jpg, 1706B.jpg etc.
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 6:55:58 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:

That works. But those pics are of diminished resolution compared to the originals and not what I'd want. He could ask the seller to email him the originals. Or just take some of his own.
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 7:45:53 PM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:

Forgot that it's 60 pics. I'd ask the seller if he can give them to Micky when he picks the car up. He could bring a USB flash or his phone with USB cable, SD card, whatever works. Or seller could burn a DVD or put them up at a hosting site.
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 5:55:58 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:

BINGO!
On 6/26/2017 6:34 PM, micky wrote:

Use the browser print option and print to PDF.
If you don't have a PDF print, download "cutePDF", install and select it instead of your actual printer. It's basically a PDF converter and can save ANY document or file as a PDF. Therefore, print the Ebay webpage as a PDF and it'll save the entire content as it is. Then you can actually print the file to your printer whenever you want to take the paperwork with you.

In the Firefox "Save As" dialog on the lower right you have choices: Web Page complete Web Page HTML only Text Files All Files
The Web Page complete option saves the web page HTML file with all the links in the web page adjusted to use a local folder with the same name as the HTML file. Like this:
Directory AAS_files <== folder File AAS.html <== original page with links adjusted
All the images should be somewhere in that directory.
If you used some other option, someone attempting to help would need to know what you did.
--
Dan Espen

In rec.autos.tech, on Mon, 26 Jun 2017 20:59:04 -0400, Dan Espen

Good point. But I did use Web Page Complete, .

But you still solved the problem for me, because I tried Web Page HTML only and I got all the pictures, and afaicr, I got all the text too!!
Yes I got all the text but I see the text is less sytlized. It has some bold and italics and some text in red, but all the letters are the same size -- Which is actually good some of the time because in the original some words from Ebay were overlaping other words.
And the picture in the upper left works too. The row at the bottom of it scrolls and I can click on any of them to see it.
Now I have to go back and try this with google satellite view!!! No, it didn't help. Now the page comes back all white, instead of almost all black. But one out of two is great!!
Thanks everyone.
On 06/26/2017 09:04 PM, micky wrote:

/2004 Chrysler Sebring LXi | eBay_files/eBayISAPI_data contains the reasonable-size pictures. Saving as web page complete works like a charm, although for some reason firefox didn't like the name of the basic page.
--
Cheers, Bev
I've enjoyed just about as much of this as I can stand.

Of course it doesn't work. The images on maps.google.com are drawn interactively by (my guess) Javascript. Save As isn't going to help with that.
Use the technique I gave you in another post. You need to use software that grabs the window contents as an image.
--
Dan Espen

Mon, 26 Jun 2017 22:34:11 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

CutePDF writer. 'Print' the page, save as pdf.

Good work and mediocre work pay about the same.
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:18:49 -0000 (UTC), Diesel

I used to have that on Windows Vista. I should get it again, and it would probably work