Walmart Exterior Paint?

I know high quality isn't a concern for W-M branded product, and I know S-W makes a contractor grade that I wouldn't recommend to anyone... same with a few other paint brands. If that's what's being sold at W-M it's not worth it.

Reply to
Hopkins

You don't know that for fact regarding their paint. You speculate as well as generalize.

Yet you recommend no products.

If?? As I said, you don't know. Walmart's an easy target but you like others in this thread have no facts or figures to really shoot at them with regarding this topic.

-end of conversation-

Reply to
G Henslee

Now, that's a revelation...

Just what is NOT "cheap stuff" to you? You've shot down Glidden, Valspar, Sherwin Williams, Walmart in general, yet you offer nothing but Benjamin Moore and it appears that you're still waiting for the jury to come in on that one.

Perhaps you make your own paint...

-end of conversation-

Reply to
G Henslee

I shot down one of Glidden's lines, as well as one of S-W's lines. Try to keep up. I've used S-W's good stuff and have no complaints.

Apparently it is to you -- you think WM paint is fine, at 12 bucks per, and that it must be good because someone told you S-W makes it.

Reply to
Hopkins
*yawn*

You say walmart paint is made by S-W, but that means nothing. S-W makes a crappy line of paint just like most other brands, but somehow we're supposed to be impressed when you claim S-W makes WM paint.

I know WM's main concern isn't quality -- why would their labeled paint be any different?

I certainly did in the other thread. Try to keep up.

I'm not the one trying to sell someone on something I'm clueless about. You can't say anything definitive about WM paint quality. You're not getting S-W's good stuff for 12 bucks per, no matter how it's labeled.

Reply to
Hopkins

Not really unless you like extra work. A good quality paint will usually cover with one coat. Cheepo paint almost always requires 2 or more coats to get the same result.

Reply to
George

Exactly, they don't put their name on the can for a reason.

Reply to
George

What a stupid reply. I repeat: the main "expenditure" in exterior painting is prep and application - not the paint itself. Good paint costs a little more, and lasts a lot longer.

Reply to
BillC

No magic here. Buy cheap paint and you get cheap paint. You say you LIKE to paint the house every coupla years? Buy cheap paint.

Reply to
Craven Morehead

WALMART PAINT IS THE BEST DANGED PAINT IN THE WHOLE DANGED UNIVERSE !!!

Reply to
ds549