Wall mounting a flat panel TV?

What do people do to hide the power cable and all the different types of video and audio cables that have to run to your cable box, satellite box. HD receiver, DVR, DVD player etc?

Reply to
Rex

"Rex" wrote in news:J_ednQv9jdaMAw snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Typically you only run 1 set of cables (i.e. Component + Audio) and let your receiver do the video switching.

But with HDMI - you'll only need to run one cable:

Spam Catcher

I have a plastic cable channel mounted on the wall. Normally I would have run them in the wall, but it is an outside wall and I did not want to bother with the extra trouble. The cable channel is the same color of the wall and is not too distracting.

My control unit is in the set so I don't have the option of only running one set of wires.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Depends. I ran a channel inside the wall from behind the PDP and over to the wall behind the equipment rack.

Kal

Reply to
Kalman Rubinson

The wide plastic wiremold? I wall mounted an LCD set in the bedroom last night, looks great until I plugged it in. The cables are ugly as sin. Considering the wiremold painted to match the wall. I wonder if Menards has that stuff, I know they have the smaller metal stuff.

Reply to
J Kelly