DirecTV DVR, Can I use a Splitter?

So I Have a Line run out to a Bedroom for a Standard DirecTV Receiver. The DVRs use 2 Tuners to be able to record off 2 channels at the same time, so they have 2 Inputs.

Do I need to run a 2nd line from the main Splitter, or can I just Split the line that I've already run to the Room?

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Townsend

hallerb

Don't know too much about Direct, however .....

I have a Dish DVR. The nice thing is that the 2nd tuner is RF controllable. So, tuner 1 outputs video to the main TV. I connected the RF out of tuner 1 (ch 3) and tuner 2 (ch 60 uhf) to a line through a 2 set splitter, backwards as a combiner that goes to an amplified splitter and then distributed to all rooms. I bought a boat load of the cheap Dish RF remotes for all the other locations. So, you can view and control tuner 2 on channel 60 or you can scab onto tuner 1 by dialing channel 3 on the other TV. With 2 people in the house, it works well.

Reply to
Art Todesco

I have a similar setup, allowing multiple sources (satellite, cable, DVD, security camera, etc...) to be distributed to multiple rooms. Remote controls are converted to RF.

However, splitters DO NOT work on the dish-to-receiver cables. You have to have a separate cable from each input (2 for a 2-tuner DVR) connected to the satellite multiswitch.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

yeah on dish to receiver seperate cables are REQUIRED for direct tv, dish network does have a new splitter technology but its not compatible/

the 2 seperate output dish recivers with no mirror fee for the second output is very nice:)

Reply to
hallerb