Cable TV and coax splitters - Hookup splitter to Digital Cable

I wish to take my present Digital Converter (without leasing additional digital converters for each room) and split or run additional cable to any room (now supplied by a splitter in the attic) by some sort of A-B switch etc. I wish to be able to watch a digital channel that's playing in the den when I get tired to watch in my bedroom/computer room).

Presently, I have a signal to each room but only allows me to see up to channel 73. I just thought that an A-B or something in the line would give me additional choice of watching a station above 73 (even though it is one channel to watch in the bedroom that I can't get on the low-channels.

Is it possible, and if so, how will it be hooked up, any special equipment or hookup? Please advise as to what procedures to make this work.

thanks!

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 6 Web @

Reply to
JTT

It sounds like what you want is similar to what I have (although I have DirecTV rather than digital cable). In any room in the house, I can watch any analog channel, or watch what the digital box is tuned to on channel 90.

To set this up you need a modulator (not one of the cheap ch 3/4 ones but a good versatile one like the one at

). Connect the modulator to the output of the digital box, set it to a channel several channels above anything cable uses, and combine it with cable (a combiner is just a splitter that's turned around).

If you get interference, you may need to add a low pass filter (such as

on the analog cable line (be sure not to filter the signal to the digital box or a cable modem).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd