View point to check burner on Kenmore dryer 110.74842400

I live far away from the Kenmore 110.74842400 gas dryer that I need to service. The problem is it's not heating. I would like to know before I get there if the burner is coming on or not and if it is, does it stay on. I don't think this model has the lower door that swivels down for easy viewing of the burner and other parts.

Where could a layperson look to see if the burner is coming on so that it would require only the minimum amount of disassembly?

Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
David Farber

Anyone with normal hearing should be able to hear the burner in a gas dryer come on.

If the burner stays on a person should be able to feel heat somewhere on the inside of the drum.

A person could also check the spinning dial on the gas meter to see if gas is being consumed by the dryer (with all other gas appliances off).

Reply to
catalpa

Thanks for the tips. I was hoping there was a cutout somewhere where this could be easily viewed.

Reply to
David Farber

I live far away from the Kenmore 110.74842400 gas dryer that I need to service. The problem is it's not heating. I would like to know before I get there if the burner is coming on or not and if it is, does it stay on. I don't think this model has the lower door that swivels down for easy viewing of the burner and other parts.

Where could a layperson look to see if the burner is coming on so that it would require only the minimum amount of disassembly?

Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
Tony944

The external parts of the vent and vent hose were removed and cleaned but the clothes are still are not drying.

Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
David Farber