UPS... new battery or replace?

Not as a dedicated task, but it's usually something I do when I have the case open swapping a card or whatnot. I don't know if it's the location in a cabinet below my desk, or the larger fans running at slower speeds, but I don't seem to collect much dust in the computer these days. My old systems used to get so dirty you could barely see the motherboard. :)

Anthony Watson Mountain Software

HerHusband

I often see computers sitting on the curb in my neighborhood. I often repair them and give them to schools, churches and such.A lot of the time all it takes is blowing the dirt out.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Wired networks are galvanically isolated.

Reply to
krw

If they are 900 series I'll take 'em off your hands when the batteries die!!! (usually good for AT LEAST 3 sets of batteries)

Reply to
clare

Anything "powerware" is decent quality. If it is the big "powerware prestige" 2000, that is a 2kva dual conversion unit (replaced by the

9000 series) and DEFINITELY worth replacing batteries. If it is a 2000EX (with the battery plug on the back - extended run - capable of being connected to an extended battery packor DC Generator) you have a real gem. Real HEAVY sucker too!!. It will take 4 or 5 12 volt batteries if it is that particular unit.

If it is light enough you can throw it across the room, might not be worth puting much into it, as it is just a simple standby unit - but I suspect it is the heavy on-line unit from your description (roughly

6X12X20 inches?)
Reply to
clare