Update on HF Multi-Master

The bits/blades for the Dremel Multi-Max fit the Harbor Freight clone (Multifunction Tool).

Furthermore, the Dremel package says the bit also fits:

  • Fein Multi-Master 636
  • Bosch Multi-X PS50

- The wood-cutting blade from Dremel retails for $13.32

- A 3-pack of similar blades from Fein retails for $105.08 ($35.03 each)

- The Bosch machine uses Fein blades

- The Harbor Freight Multifunction tool wood-cutting blade is $5.99 with two free scraper blades.

So, then, one permutation is a $6 HF blade instead of the $35 equivalent in your Fein tool.

Reply to
HeyBub

re: "a $6 HF blade instead of the $35 equivalent"

Equivalent in what manner - shape/size or quality of materials/ workmanship?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Doesn't matter to me if I get the same performance and durability.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

IF being the operative word. The world of blades and bits is a large one. Just because a blade fits a tool doesn't mean it will perform the same as another. It is good to know the availability of el cheapo blades for those situations where you know you're going to be destroying a blade.

RicodJour

You raise a good point - I should have said the blades are interchangable, not equivalent.

Reply to
HeyBub

But that was the question which is not yet answered. So far it was only declared that the cheap test was met. But does it meet the value test?

Reply to
George