trying to find exact size medicine cabinet

My recessed medicine cabinet needs to be replaced and the rough opening is 36"H X 28"W. I have not found this size in any home center, and the surrounding trim around the old cabinet is mirror, so basically I have to get something smaller and frame around it with new mirror trim. Is there a place that can custom make a cabinet? I don't want wood, I just want a metal frame, 2 mirror swing doors, no molding.

Reply to
Mikepier

sounds like you may be better off fixing the old one..

randy

Reply to
xrongor

Basically the old cabinet is beyond repair. It was made out of partcle board and formica that is all falling apart. This was a custom made cabinet that apparantly had not much workmanship put in it. I think I'll go with buying a new one at the home center and just buy 2 new mirror side pieces to fill it in. That has to be cheaper than a custom made one.

Reply to
Mikepier

If you definitely need to buy a new unit, then I'm guessing that you will have to do some "Goggle" searching with search terms such as: custom recessed "bathroom medicine cabinet"

Even so, finding a custom builder for your requirements may be very difficult and expensive.

On the other hand, you might let this group know why you want to replace the unit and you may get some good suggestions for repairing it. I'm guessing that you could pay $250-$500 for a custom replacement. That can cover a fair number of repairs and upgrades to your existing cabinet.

Reply to
Gideon