Towable house

From Oz.

Dean Hoffman

That's one of the ugliest tiny houses I've ever seen.

Reply to
rbowman

Or one of these:

Bubbba

The idea of climbing a ladder to sleep doesn't appeal to me. The exterior just needs a few hippie style flowers and maybe a portrait of the original Woodstock crowd to perk it right up.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I'll admit I'm too old to climb a ladder to sleep. Or, more to the point, to descend a ladder with a full bladder in the middle of the night.

But it might be better than living in an apartment, given a suitable site. If that was all I could afford.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

It's not for me at this point in my life, but I like it.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Looks to me that is just a high priced travel trailer. I don't know much about travel trailers, but a quick search shows them at half the price of this one or less.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

When I was 60, I took a long vacation and rented a room with 2 other guys in it and I got one of the upper bunks. I could climb up and I could sleep, but even though I hadn't fallen out of bed for maybe 50 years, I was worried because the room had a stone floor.

You have to weight risk vs. loss, and though the risk was tiny, it could have killed me from 6 feet.

After 3 terrible nights, I finally got a second room in very cheap hotel, with one bathroom for every guy, but my room was private and I got a good night's sleep.

After that, the dorm was okay.

When I was 60, no bladder problems. (Don't tell anyone but they make plastic bottles designed as urinals. I'm sure they work better for men than women, but they might work well enough even for them.)

For sure. And for travel. The right hand picture makes the kitchen window look bigger than it is, but OTOH, it's probably big enough when you're at the sink.

Reply to
micky

I lived in a cabin in the woods one winter. Very scenic but the woman who owned it had the common sense to move to town for the winter. the loft had two problems.

The first and ongoing was by the time the wood stove got the place up to operating temperature the loft was pushing 90 degrees.

The ladder was a 2x12 with foot holds on alternate sides. When my ex came for a visit it was sort of get her started, put my shoulder under her butt and push. Getting down was also a project.

The outhouse was also designed by the woman who didn't winter there. It was three sided with the open front providing a great view across the valley. It sort of sucked in January.

Reply to
rbowman

Chamber pot...

Reply to
rbowman

They sort of follow gas prices but there are a lot of 5th wheels around that are a lot less. They're even designed to travel. The single axle and small tires on that one didn't look like you'd want to tow it too far.

Reply to
rbowman

Other than ugly as sin, play ruddy h--- cooling that sucker in 100+ F summer...

The expense is in all the "eco-friendly" tack-ons. The living space could be done for probably a third the cost w/ conventional or furnished utilities.

having to refill a potable water tank would also tend to get old after a while methinks...gotta' be on a mission, not just looking for a place to live.

Reply to
dpb

That one is actually a portable micro house.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Bit tricky getting down the ladder with a full one.

Reply to
Jake56

These things generally get titled as RVs. It avoids trying to get them HUD certified as a mobile home and you don't pay real estate taxes on them. It is just a trailer.

Reply to
gfretwell

Nope, RVs are something else entirely.

Real estate taxes are on the land here, not the house.

Nope, it's a micro house with wheels under it.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Toss it out the window. Worked a hundred years ago, why change now?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Go medieval; dump it out the window on passersby.

Reply to
rbowman

When Pima County AZ came up with a .50 a day RV tax to finance a farm league baseball stadium I went the other way. iirc the property tax is less than $14 a year. Pima County shot themselves in the foot with that scheme. You don't try to tax something that is mobile by definition.

Worse yet, the Sidewinders slithered away to Reno. They couldn't keep a team in the park even if they nailed their cleats to the ground. It was originally called Electric Park but when the naming agreement with Tucson Electric Power ran out the electric company decided they'd rather not have their name associated with it so it was renamed the Kino Sports Complex. Padre Kino died in 1711 and isn't around to bitch.

Reply to
rbowman

There is no window at that level.

Makes the place a bit smelly.