TORO LawnMower - Fuel Leak

I have a recent Toro 6HP (B&S) Recycler Lawn Mower (push) and I thnk the fuel tank is leaking. It seems to be leaking from what looks like a drain or vent from the rear (back side of the tank - top).(the drain looks more like a nipple of some sort - plastic and part of the tank mould) I'm not sure if this nipple like drain is supposed to have a tube attached or not (never noticed) Any ideas ??????

Reply to
dropandstop

I have a recent Toro 6HP (B&S) Recycler Lawn Mower (push) and I thnk the fuel tank is leaking. It seems to be leaking from what looks like a drain or vent from the rear (back side of the tank - top).(the drain looks more like a nipple of some sort - plastic and part of the tank mould) I'm not sure if this nipple like drain is supposed to have a tube attached or not (never noticed) Any ideas ??????

Reply to
dropandstop

Drop,

If by "recent" Toro you mean still under warranty then get it fixed. As fuel is drawn from a gas tank air must enter or a vacuum results. There is often a reed valve located on the tank cap or on the tank wall to let air in. These valves can succumb to rot and are fairly cheap.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

Thanks, I never thought of that!!

Reply to
dropandstop

Does your Toro engine "knock" under load? I have a Recycler also..not 10 hrs. old and it knocks. I have always bought used B&S, and they ran for years. Dealer had it for 2 weeks, and did nothing. I took it in March so that I wouldn't load him, The first oil change had a silvery color to it.also showed it to the dealer. Don't worry , he said it under warrenty! Use it!

Reply to
Andy & Carol

I had a recycler that leaked for years. Never could find the cause. Last year a casting broke when I was taking the blade off and I had to replace the mower; couldn't see buying a new $25 casting. The new Yardman I got for $150 (with front wheel drive) is a pleasure to use. It cuts so much better then the recycler ever did. The broken casting was a gift. (It is also much noisier, but you can't have everything in a cheap mower...)

Reply to
Toller

dropandstop:

Sounds like the fuel line fell off. Look for a loose fuel line and reconnect it.

Reply to
Mac Cool