Lawnmower leaking gas (toro)

I have a toro lawn mower. After a month of not using it, it first would not start for a while, then, after 10 minutes of trying, a trickle of gas started leaking through the filter (out of a thin red pipe in the carb intake).

Any idea what it is. This toro has been giving me a lot of stupid troubles over the years with one stupid thing breaking after another, so at this point I am reluctant to invest any more of my time into it unless it is something very simple.

thanks

Ignoramus23517

Needle valve in carburetor bowel stuck. Easy and quick to fix for a small engine repair person.

Reply to
Meat Plow

So, Do I take the bowl off to see that valve?

Ignoramus3627

id get rid of it if its a stupid mower.. a new one would work alot better.

ds549

Yes, the valve is a plunger with a conical point attached to the float. If you have any mechanical skills you should be able to look at how it works, if not take it to someone who does.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I have OK mechanical skills, I fixed a couple of diesel engines, etc. I just do not like this lawnmower any more. It just keeps breaking and breaking (not due to poor maintenance). I will think today if I want to spend more time on it or not.

Ignoramus3627

I would try a carb cleaner on the valve, float, etc. Spray the area well and move the float up and down; while spraying the fluid. This can clean up a stuck valve/float, as a first alternative to "replacing parts".

-- Oren

"I didn?t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."

Reply to
Oren