Tecumseh Carb & Toro Mower Update

Hello,

What a great Forum and folks. Thanks so much for all the help.

Re our 22: Toro self propelled Mower. (Tecumseh engine)

Used that Sea Foam Carb cleaner in the Carb after removing the carb. bowl. Tried to get into all the carb orifices

Made all the difference. Unit now runs well.

Have the following additional questions, though:

a. After running a while, and re-starting, the pull-cord is incredibly hard to pull. Is there some kind of compression-release that isn't releasing ? Or some other possibility ?

Really hard to pull, and if I can, it just about wants to pull my hand off.

Question: Would it help to loosen up any compression release, or whatever might control this, if I remove the spark plug, and squirt a lot of that carb. cleaner into it ?

b. there is a small brass colored adj screw coming out of the Carb. It's horiz. oriented. Not on the bottom of the bowl; more towards the top.

What is this for ? rpm control ?

The mower does work, but doesn't seem to have the same rpm and power as before. Would adj. this screw help ?

If so, how should I ?

Again, thanks for help, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

No idea on that. I didn't think small mower engines had a compression release. For sure older ones didn't and they were not hard to pull.

Probably the idle mixture adjustment. The main adjustment screw is on the bottom of the bowl.

Idle rpm is a screw that adjusts the throttle stop.

No. Adjusting the main mixture might, but if it's running smoothly probably not.

You adjust the main at full throttle, idle mix at idle finding spot where it runs smoothest.

Reply to
trader_4