Toro 22" Self Propelled Mower: Use A Fuel Filter ?

Hello,

Have a 22" Toro Recycler self propelled Mower. Tecumseh engine.

About 10 years old !

Can't find the manuals anymore for it.

Anyone have any idea if it likely has a fuel filter on the end of the hose that is in the gas tank ?

I tried fishing for the hose, but couldn't grab it.

Do the new ones have such a filter ? BTW:

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

My Toro Recycler has nio hose in the fuel tank - so no filter in the tank. It does have an inline filter (which I think was added by previous owner, but not sure)

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Go to one of the online parts stores and pull up the diagrams for that model.

Reply to
trader_4

Great idea - simple google search - accurate info - one random example :

Click on the Parts drawing for a blow-up and parts list.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

my recycler 22 has no apparent fuel filter, yet parts list shows one...is this filter optional

Reply to
NealH

None of the mowers of that size that I've had, including $600 Honda one, had inline fuel filters. There might have been something not removable inside the tank. And I never had any problems. If you are careful and don't drop dirt in, how is any going to get in there? The bigger problem has always been fuel going bad, gumming up the carb, etc. And a filter won't solve that.

Reply to
trader_4