Grinding noise come from Toro Mower self-propel system !

I have a Toro Electric Start Recycler Mower with the Personal Pace self-propel system. It's about a year and a half old. About 90% of the time when you start it in motion, or going up a grade, there is a grinding noise coming from the rear wheels. At least it sounds like that's where it's coming from. Once the mower is moving on the level, there is no noise. Anybody have any idea what could be the cause of this??

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

chuckie

chuckie I would say that the gear in the drive wheel is going bad.

and when it is stress ed say going up a hill it will grind or when you engage it. Thats my thought I am not a mechanic ================================================================ Chuckie Happy summer Pete E. Kruzer wrote: I have a Toro Electric Start Recycler Mower with the Personal Pace self-propel system. It's about a year and a half old. About 90% o the time when you start it in motion, or going up a grade, there is a grinding noise coming from the rear wheels. At least it sounds like that's where it's coming from. Once the mower is moving on the level, there is no noise. Anybody have any idea what could be the cause of this??

i agree with chuckie-even though im not a mechanic either lol-it sur does sound like u have a gear problem there. u should maybe contact th dealer u got your toro from and find out if u have warranty on you mower still. its at least worth looking into. good luck with it. cyaaa, sockiescat:)

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

Reply to
cjmbbag

Reply to
cjmbbag

Toro won't admit this, but I believe there is a design issue with the wheel gear. After a few months of use it cracks. You can remove the rear wheel to inspect it. The good news is that the warranty covers the expense of repair. Unfortunately, the replacement part is plastic too. It *should* be metal.

Reply to
Phisherman