Thinking of putting up second fence

The expense, the crappy clay soil around here...

Banty

Reply to
Banty

In alt.home.repair on 1 Aug 2005 04:42:45 -0700 Banty posted:

Hey, if it is really clay, why do they need a pool?

Just take a propane torch and fire the surface a few inches at a time, and they'll have a china swimming hole.

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

Well, not if the neighbors (since you say it's not a turf way) agree as to how to close up the gap.

The two fences like that on my block eventually both changed hands, and of course the new neighbors don't have the feud the old neighbors did. So they placed rocks in the intervening space (which is more like 10 inches) and maintain it plannt-free with herbicides.

But the problem you point to - how to maintain that space between fence and property line, is why my municipality allows the fence to be put on the property line. It's not so in-the-face as some folks seem to think. It's actually the most practical place to put the fence. It avoids tresspass-to-maintain and adverse possession issues.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

Two fences side by side is not always the sign of a turf war.

In my town fences are required to be placed one foot back from the property line. Two friendly neighbors who need to fence in their yards for whatever reason would have a 2 foot gap between their fences.

Looks stupid but the reasons where to keep our dogs in our yards and not make them a problem for others. wildlife migrates between fields behind and across from us in that 2 foot gap, deer, fox, turkeys, wood chucks, rabbits, etc.

Reply to
Steve Stone