Thermal Insulation Board

I'm insulating an internal wall. The wall is flat. I was going to use no more nails to stick the board to the wall. Will that be sufficient? Or should I erect a timber frame and nail it to that? By the way, I have had a lot of trouble trying to find insulation board. Could someone recommend a good brand, depth and supplier.

Reply to
Griffo

what's your climate ?

Reply to
roger61611

In the country just south of London. Up to minus 5-10 c, up to 90 c in summer.

Reply to
Griffo

You cant find any foamboard, geez is Google broken again? The best is foilfaced polyisocyanurate R 7.2 per" The white is R 3, Pink or Blue board is R 5". Look at Dow, Owens Corning, John Mansville. Use construction adhesive in a caulk tube. Polyiso outgasses the least because of the foil face.

Reply to
m Ransley

Something is BROKEN here. 90C is not seen as a natural temperature anywhere on earth, EXCEPT in the vicinty of volcanos!!!

90F yes, London UK does see 90F. Yes London UK, does see freezing temps
Reply to
Robert Gammon