Star on your house or garage?

You star may represent the North Star, also on The Great Seal of Maine.

-- Oren

Reply to
Oren

I remember those chrome balls and pink flamingos. It must be the 'monkey see, monkey do' syndrome.

Reply to
"Blattus Sl

Did he really write these in Saranac Lake, NY? I lived there and understand from locals he was there for the fresh air (lung aliment?). Large porches with patients sitting in the open air.

-- Oren

Reply to
Oren

The last several months of his life were spent there, yes. He actually was suffering throat cancer. The bulk of the volumes had been previously written but he had a time of a few months during which his condition improved sufficiently he was able to complete the last chapter or so and make some editorial changes to the final volume while there.

Reply to
dpb

The same reason you have stars in your area!

-- Oren

Reply to
Oren

Not sure what the homes were called (infirmaries). Homes where built purposely with large porches. Patients went there for the mountain air and nursing.

Beautiful place. I lived in view of Saranac Lake. Stayed at the bed and breakfast while we bought a home.

-- Oren

Reply to
Oren

Gazing balls, GAZING BALLS!! (Get it right. Sheesh!)

Now your day is complete! HA!

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

Around here it's eagles. Apparently, you've just got to have an eagle on your garage.

Reply to
Tony Sivori

I used to live in a house that had them above the front steps for decoration. Just a couple of blocks down the street was an old brick building that used them for their normally intended purpose. Both properties were once owned by the same person. Im betting that when he used them to repair his store he used a few of them to decorate his porch.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D

I wouldn't look too hard for true meaning. This retired Texan who emigrated to Maine (only for the view) has seen these stars often here but they all carried the ubiquitous message "made in China."

Boden

Reply to
Boden

Better than a souvenir from the U.S.S. Arizona stamped "Made In Japan."

Reply to
HeyBub

Sorry. That's always "Osama's 3rd level leader". They've gotten him at least a dozen times now.

Reply to
Bob F