something is eating my weed and feed

had this posted in rec.gardens and got no real answer

do critters eat chemical fertilizers?

can not figure this one out

couple weeks ago i noticed that the bag of weed and feed had a rip in the bottom and bunch was spilling out on the garage floor

figured it was run into by something so put it in another bag and set it out of the way

just now noticed that it was broken open again, more or less ripped and all over the place again

lots of issues on the bag about don't eat and poison and vomit and whatever

so what is getting into it and not dying?

or is it a cat that is attacking the urea?

or just what gives!

thanks

bill

Reply to
mcameron

No one can answer that one, but you.

Set up your camcorder, or your vid cam on your computer and record it for a few hours...you might be surprised what is actually doing the work.

Reply to
CBHvac

really?

weird

well i got a space cat(cornish rex) living across the st and get in and out or the garage from time to time

no not going to go thru the surveillance thing

but should it not have been dead by now if it was snack>

Reply to
mcameron

Is this Scott's trademarked Weed and Feed? Call their customer service at:

1-888-270-3714

I googled a bit on "weed and feed" and found one reference to a corn gluten product, which would presumably be attractive to rodents. In any case, I would look for a toll-free number and give the manufacturer a call.

Reply to
Frogleg

It could possibly be mice. Darned critters ate my stick of honing compound.

Reply to
Ron

Roaches chewed a couple of chunks out of my rubber flip-flops stored in our camper. Also chewed open the paper wrapper on Ritz crackers. Didn't know they had such sharp teeth :o)

Reply to
norminn

During a visit to my local garden store / plant nursery I noticed that a lot of fertilizer bags were "leaking". The owner blamed it on rats looking for the urea.

snipped-for-privacy@nwl> had this posted in rec.gardens and got no real answer

Reply to
JohnB

Well, how do you think we got Arnold Schwartznegger?

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn