Solar light flashing

One of the solar lights around my planting bed has decided to start flashing all night. Actually strobing is probably a better indicator of how fast it is flashing. Anybody have any ideas about cause and how to fix or should I just pick up another one next time I an out.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Not likely. It works okay for a day or two and then gets flakey for awhile. No pattern that I can discern.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."

I've had them do that. I fooled around with one for a bit but decided that they wrere made to be pretty much disposable. I've had better luck with the walmart $3 ones than any others for longevity. Plus when a $3 one does crap out you don't feel the need to do anything other than throw it in the trash and stick in a new one.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

e is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."

Yes, I've done that. You can use an ordinary nicad recharger. Problem is that if the fixture can't keep it charged enough it will fail again soon.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."

I've tried changing the nicads. Seldom helps. I think the output declines on the solar panel. Besides at $3 each it's a little hard to find replacement batteries cheaper than the entire unit.

Reply to
jamesgangnc