water putty on outdoors application

I do a lot of outside restoration and find myself wanting to return to a building material that my brother and I used to make a home for our HO trains: water putty.

When you're faced with a severely-furrowed, water/sun-damaged surface, will water putty stand the test of time as an exterior product? If not, what will?

Of course I'm painting over it.

Cheers,

Reply to
Uno

If you are talking about the tan powder that comes in a can and is mixed with water then no, I wouldn't use it outside. You can get the same thing much cheaper by using setting drywall compound.

You would do much better using Bondo. You would do even better using epoxy thickened with whatever.

Reply to
dadiOH

Thanks fellas, I bought some bondo at wally world for pretty cheap. I don't think you can paint thinset.

Reply to
Uno