Socket burnt out

We heard a popping sound and smelt burnt plastic, now we have a double plug socket that has stopped working. The one socket now looks blackened, that was where the coffee maker was plugged in. Am pretty sure the maker was switched off at the time.

The coffee maker and doorbell plugged into it still work fine when used in a different socket.

Obviously the socket needs replacing and the wiring fixing behind.

My question is how this could happen if the maker was switched off, and do I need get this fixed immediately or in a few days?

Reply to
zebrafishblue

The fuse did not trip, all other sockets are working normally.

Reply to
zebrafishblue