White House art loans

I don't like the BBC much, but it's the only talk on the radio in the middle of the night. Tonight at least they had an interesting story.

The Rumps requested to borrow a Van Gogh painting from the Guggenheim, to be hung in the private quarters at the supposed White House. Actually, it's not unusual for presidents or their wives to do this.

But the museum told them that the painting is not allowed to travel** and offered him instead an 18-K, solid gold toilet. An interactive piece.

That is, you can use it, and the museum had it set up in a bathroom for a year and more than 100,000 people lined up to use it.

Do you think the artist, or the museum, was trying to make a point?

**Certainly possible. Different pieces have different strings attached, depending on who paid for them.

I was going to mark this off-topic until I remembered how on-topic plumbing fixtures are.

Reply to
micky