Should vinyl siding vents line up with the existing vents?

They have started putting vinyl siding on my home and the vent holes in the vinyl are at least a foot or two from where the existing vent holes are.

Reply to
Terry

I got a chance to look at some. It looks like they have put the vent holes 4 ft on center in random locations. The existing vent holes are

8 ft on center.

I am guessing that having an extra hole in random locations instead of a single hole where it is supposed to be is not as affective and a piss poor way to do things.

I am going to ask them to change it. Anyone think this is unnecessary?

Reply to
Terry

Are you talking about the overhang? I doubt it makes a difference. The vinyl hangs below the old overhang so there will be airflow in between. The overhang holes are for sucking in air. The key thing is lots of them and hopefully a ridgevent in the roof.

Reply to
Art