Should I drill hole in granite countertop?

I have an undermount sink mounted to a 3/4" granite countertop. I would like to drill a hole in the granite to accept a hand sprayer. I observed the guys installing the granite when the house was built, and it doesn't seem like a big deal to drill a hole. I am a capable DIYer.

My thoughts are to tape some plastic down to the counter to act as a water dam, irrigate the surface with plain water, and drill with a 1/2" drill, but what kind of bit to use? Is it as simple as it would seem, or should I break down and hire a granite installer?

Reply to
Wayne

it is just that simple but you do need a circular bit that is made for stone

Don't forget to put a bucket under the hole for when the plug and all the water comes out it is also going to sling some water around so make sure you have stuff covered.

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

Call the installers back. What ever they cost will be cheap compared with dealing with your SO when you crack the top.

Reply to
SQLit

Have you consider replacing faucet with the one that have pullout sprayer? Could be cheaper and easier than drilling hole in the granite.

Regards,

Reply to
HVAC-Pro