brick and plaster drying times

I have just filled in an old doorway using brickwork. I intend levelling the surface with cement then applying one or two layers of one coat plaster. How long should the brickwork and be left to dry before applying cement then how long before plaster.

Thanks, Col

Reply to
col

Not dry: set. The water isn't evaporating it's combining.

That being said, as this isn't structural, a day for each layer ought to not only be fine, but help the underlying brickwork by keeping it wet while the mortar sets fully.

John

Reply to
raven