Tiling on Bonding Plaster?

In stripping tiles from an existing bathroom installlation, a wide mix of surfaces became viewable. From pretty good finished plaster (which could take new tiles immediately) to plaster coming off in 'sheets' - down to the brickwork.

I have now levelled off the whole area to be tiled using Bonding plaster.

My intention is to PVA the Bonding plaster surface, and tile directly to it.

Couple of questions I would appreciate answers to.

  1. Does anyone have an issue with tiling on a PVA'd Bonding plaster base?

  1. How long should I give the Bonding plaster to dry before applying PVA and then tiling? (My working assumption would be to wait until the plaster all looks dry - whitish - then PVA to seal, wait 24 hours, then tile.) Note: the surfaces the Bonding plaster was applied to was all dry - i.e. no new brickwork etc.)

Paul R

Reply to
Paul R

Depends on thickness, temp and humidity. Here I'd personnally leave it at least a week to ensure every bit of moisture gets out otherwise you'll trap it in.

Reply to
Mike