generator exhaust pipe glow

13 kw generator with 2 cyclinder 20 HP Honda engine. I observed that the exhaust pipe leading to muffler glows a very pale pink which is visible only at night. So pale it isn't seen during daylight. Has been running, thanks to Frances, continuously for a couple of days. Should I be concerned about how hot the exhaust pipe is apparently getting. All four sides are open and exposed to air. Top has cover to keep off rain Top is not getting much heat...can hold hand on underside comfortably.

Frank Georgia My correct e-mail address is gno52 (not gn52) Fake adddress given to avoid spams

Reply to
Frank Thompson

Pretty normal for an engine exhaust parts to get hot. Light pink is nothing. We have at work an Cat 3516 for power. When we put it under load the turbos get cherry red as well as the piping to the silencer. Exhaust temps are ~1100F and normal.

Reply to
SQLit

Might ask at

you'll find its normal on many small engines but you might want to shut it down and pull a plug to check color - white(ish) = too lean, which could be too.

Reply to
bumtracks