Shop and Garage Cleaning. Play Santa.

A list of some charities that will take old tools and building supplies. The list was updated early this month.

Dean Hoffman

Here in Ontario, Habitat For Humanity Re-Store will also give a charitable donation tax receipt for some individual items that are deemed to be of a certain value <over $ 100. ? > They will accept other items also - furniture ; exercise equipment ; etc. A few years ago it was my go-to store for furnace filters but I think a lot of other people got wise .. :-( John T.

Reply to
hubops

I've dropped off a lot of stuff at the local Habitat For Humanity ReStore so I was pleased to see that they were #1 on the list.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

In Baltimore, there are two "tool libraries" that lend tools for far less than Home Depot for example charges.

I would think other cities have at least one of these.

In Baltimore one charges modest dues, has a workshop with lots of tool and power tools where you can work on your project and charges rent for tools you take hom.

The other charges membership. but they charge rent for tools. It might be that communities like my HOA are supposed to do the joining, but many people don't live in organized communities. During last summer until now, this one was only lending tools to do anti-corona type stuff, and in normal times, I didn't understand their rules. They seemed to say tools had to be borrowed for the sake of the community, but they have many tools that would be of no use to a "community". Anyhow, in other cities the rules will be different.

Where a power hammer costs something like $50 for 4 hours and 65 for one day, both of them charge about 15 for 3 days.

Might be a good place to give tools you no longer use.

Just google tool library.

Reply to
micky