Servis M3024/M Washing Machine

My Servis M3024/M washing machine was found to have shed and chewed it's drive belt from motor to drum. I thought this would be an easy fix and bought a new drive belt identical in length and all details including part No to the old one.

I then notice that the motor appears to be deliberately mounted skew to the drum so that the drum and motor shafts do not align either vertically or horizontally. The new belt and the old one appears to be too short to fit between motor and drum pulley by about 5 cm (2 ins).

Ther does not seem any way of adjusting the relative position of the drum and motor to allow fitting and tensioning of the belt. The belt won't stretch it is fabric reinforced.

Question

Should the motor shaft align with the drum shaft cos it doesn't, but nothing seems bent or damaged and how does one fit a new belt and adjust the tension. The motor will move slightly on it's rubber mountngs, but surely not enough to make up for the short belt.

Dave

Reply to
da