Sears power tool parts

My dad worked construction all his life and that was exactly what he concluded after getting some of his very expensive tools stolen. He'd buy a new skilsaw, for example, at the start of a job and throw it away at the end. Next job would start with a new saw with a nice new blade. He as just telling me last week about a $600 planner that got stolen out of his truck years ago. He's moved it into the cab and covered it up and they still came looking for it, didn't even damage the truck jimmying the door.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I stopped by their store and it looks like the shields on the new ones will work (with a couple washers to shim it) IF the parts dept carries them - going to call them tomorrow.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I got the part number right off the SALES side of the sears website. Plugged it into the Parts side and nothing found. The guy at the store claims the guys at the parts side have a different index and might be able to look it up.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

JH my roommate wonders why I lock any vehicle after getting out of it no matter where I'm parked, even in front of the house. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Why look at sears parts website

craftsman parts website @

Services & Info News Service Live <
> Manage My Life Sears Home Services Product Registration

Assistance View Virtual Catalog Parts & Accessories <

> Repairs Warranty Shipping Options Shopping Help Site Map Product Recalls

Reply to
Hot-Text

Inside job, maybe?

. Christ> My dad worked construction all his life and that was exactly what he

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I got so used to locking every vehicle that on the rare occasions when I leave it unlocked because I'm just going to be away for 45 seconds I always "unlock" it when I get back so not locking it is pointless.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

No, this was after he'd left the jobsite and headed over to the Horse Track by himself.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

That just redirects you to the same sears parts site when you click their parts link.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

So, you conclude that none of his coworkers, employees, or job site brother tradesmen observed the planer and made plans to steal it, because he had gone to the horse track by himself? I really don't follow your (curious) logic.

. Christ> >

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No, I see what you are saying, I'm saying there was no reason in his mind to think his coworkers would have followed him to the track, not that it can't be ruled out. It still wouldn't change the basic point, easier to just buy disposable tools.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

That's way out of line. It probably would only cost as much as a brand new chipper and a case of beer.

(-:

Reply to
Robert Green