Safer way to use Self Feed bits

Sorry for this On Topic post. Skip this if you are only into politics, religion, and non home repair topics.

In the interests of safety and convenience, there is a better way to use Self Feed bits (Milwaukee and others) in running electrical wire and plumbing if you don't have a Hole Hawg or similar monster drill. Buy a 7/16" socket adapter for your impact driver which will fit the SF drill shank. The impact driver will walk the drill through most any wood framing even faster than the monster drill. There is also an advantage in the compact size of the ID. Haven't tried this with large hole saws yet, but that is the next experiment. Cheers...

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Hey, that's great...... Guess I'm not the only person sick of these OT posts. Little by little I'm filtering out every political and religious term, names of politicians, specific posters, etc.

Are you talking about a socket wrench adaptor? Those only come in 3/8 or 1/2 inch sizes. (not to include the small 1/4" size and the 3/4" and the really big ones that are generally only for commercial use).

Reply to
jw

Good! Why not just filter the whole group. Then none of us would see you.

Reply to
krw