proper way to use a power snake

I have a 4" PVC Drainage pipe that needs to be snaked. It is a lateral

25 foot PVC sewer line going from the house to the septic tank. When I have cleaned this line in the past through the outside clean out, the power auger has a tendency to get tangled up requiring pulling out the snake and starting all over again. What is the proper way to use a powersnake to clean a line without the snake getting tangled??

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
victor

You mean it gets caught when you try to make the 90 degree turn? I've used them a couple of times in the past and have yet to find a better way other than just pull it back and try again. You can try flexing the cable back and forth and side-to-side as you push forward to affect the direction of the head. I can't say if that helped or if it was sheer persistence that did it. Many of the snakes have a reverse switch to change the rotation. You could briefly switch rotation directions if that helps get you past the tight corner, but you'll have to switch back to forward if you want to continue to feed after that.

Reply to
louie

Reply to
Don Young