RotoZip

Hi All,

Is RotoZip a good tool worth getting?

Home Depot is having a sale on Model "Revolution" for $99.00 July special from $159.00. What do you think?

Reply to
pkmicro

If you have to ask, I think not.

If you do a lot of drywall work then I expect you already have one.

They do some things well or very well. The advertising people however like to over do it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The RotoZip came up in a recent rec.woodworking "tools I'm sorry I bought" poll. A router or Dremel tool with a router base can do pretty much all that RotoZip can do, plus the actual stuff each was designed for.

Try Googling.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

I agree in general. If you don't have it, you don't need it. However, Harbor Freight has one for about $20. It works like a rotozip, will last quite a while, is a lot tougher than a dremel, which has to be the flimsiest thing ever made, though it won't go everywhere a dremel will. I have both, and I would not want to live without the dremel tool. But it is wearing out.

For $20, you can't really go wrong.

Reply to
donald girod

Reply to
Art Todesco

Which is why if you already have a Dremel and a router, you don't need a RotoZip.

There are good routers out there right now, like the Porter Cable 690 and Bosch 1617 for about $120. They will do everything a RotoZip can, in addition to everything a fixed speed router will do.

I've had great success with RotoZip bits in routers (1/4" bits) and Dremels (1/8" bits).

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

I decided the rotozip was pretty cheasy, but I still needed a cutout tool for drywall and other use. I bought the Dewalt and am very happy with it. It appears to be more well-made than my friends rotozip and is more powerful as well. I agree with another poster that the secret is in the blades. I buy rotozip blades and they work great. I have found many uses for my Dewalt where a router would be too bulky. I don't have a dremel tool, but I don't do much fine work. I use a die grinder intsead.

BTW, the angle grinder attachment for the rotozip is even more cheasy. It doesn't even come close to the real thing.

Rotozip has great marketing though!

Cheers--JLD

Reply to
Jeff Dantzler

They're both crap. Professional drywallers wouldn't be caught dead with either. But then how would you know that jaime'.

And I believe you should have stayed out of a usenet help forum. A yahoo chat group suits your bullshit better.

Reply to
Two Brothers Enterprises

You would be a lot further ahead to buy the DeWalt at a acommercial drywall house. Here, it is about $65.00.

Reply to
Dan G