Electric stove question

Can any tell me the appoximate restance of an electric stove's lower bake element. I have an Ammana stove that is not heating the I have check the bake element with a VOM and get about 21 Ohms is this in the normal range?

THanks RGB

Reply to
RGB

Hi,

With the element removed from the range, check across the terminals of the element for continuity. Depending on the manufacturer of the element, you will normally read between 19 ohms and 115 ohms, with an ohm meter. To see if the element is grounded, read between each side of the element terminals to the sheath of the element. If you read continuity, the element is grounded and should be replaced.

*Very* true...br careful!!

no heat in the oven trouble makers.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid