oversized air

I am getting my instaler to do this but request advice so I know It is done properly. I instaled a lennox air 2 ton, and 2 speed dimension furnace 2 years ago , After which I trippled my insulation in walls and attic, and put in new windows and doors. I cool to fast, not enough humidity removal. I only run 4hrs in 90 heat. The furnace has 3 or 4 fan settings and is now on high. Should the installer lower it to lowest setting? and should he adjust freon or anything else, thanks in advance

Reply to
mark Ransley

Mark, a better place to post this question would be here:

Homeowners are welcome, as long as they follow the moderator's rules. In a nutshell... As long as you don't ask for details on how do something yourself that really should be done by a licensed HVAC pro, or ask how much a particular job should cost, you'll get a lot of good answers from people who are in the trade.

Follow their advice.

Reply to
Banister Stairwell

If it were me I would have a heat load done on your home and make certain the condenser unit was NOT oversized. Better a little undersized than oversized.

If you 2 ton is much oversized, sell sell it to someone else. With the correct refrigerant controls the oversized evaporator will work with a smaller condenser. An oversized unit will eat your pocketbook without providing a proper temp/humidity Comfort Zone. Darrell - Retired A/C

Reply to
D-

Ask about enthalpy. If they don't know the term, seek advice somewhere else.

Reply to
eddie spagetti

you may want to suggest on installing an other return grill register depending where existing return is located 2 ton is not very big unless one room shack should have low speed for heat hi for cool .

Reply to
NatGuev